Prepared by specialty residents, fellows and staff in the Department of Medicine at Washington University School of Medicine, and reviewed by attending physicians in each field—each volume in this renowned series delivers the on-the-spot help you need to provide quality patient management. Right from the initial chapter, you’ll learn how to take a patient history, how to interpret exam findings, what tests to order, how to complete the workup, and how to formulate an effective management plan.
The Second Edition of this dynamic quick reference continues to provide the practical, stepwise guidance you’ve come to trust from The Washington Manual™ and has been fully updated to include the most current diagnostic tests, workup tips, drugs and other therapeutic interventions available.
- Coverage of inpatient and outpatient approaches features the same front-line practicality as The Washington Manual™ of Medical Therapeutics
- Symptom- and disease-oriented sections address both chronic and acute problems to prepare you for any scenario
- Essential clinical information on commonly encountered problems including diagnosis and management of drug allergy, anaphylaxis, asthma, immunotherapy, and immunodeficiency at your fingertips
- Useful appendixes provide a hands-on review of drugs commonly used in the treatment of allergy and asthma, as well as lab values for selected immunologic tests and a sample schedule for perennial aqueous therapy
- Key points to remember in each chapter deliver vital diagnostic and treatment information