ABOUT THIS BOOK
- Provides a comprehensive description of current techniques and clinical applications of MR angiography
- Written by internationally renowned experts in their respective fields
- Addresses both the technical and clinical aspects of MR angiography
- Describes the currently used clinical applications of MR angiography, emphasizing their practicality and utility in day-to-day practice
- Discusses the risks of Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis and safer alternatives to Gadolinium contrast agents
Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Principles and Applications is a comprehensive text covering magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) in current clinical use. The first part of the book focuses on techniques, with chapters on contrast-enhanced MRA, time of flight, phase contrast, time-resolved angiography, and coronary MRA, as well as several chapters devoted to new non-contrast MRA techniques. Additionally, chapters describe in detail specific topics such as high-field MRA, susceptibility-weighted imaging, acceleration strategies such as parallel imaging, vessel wall imaging, targeted contrast agents, and low dose contrast-enhanced MRA. The second part of the book covers clinical applications of MRA, with each chapter describing the MRA techniques and protocols for a particular disease and vascular territory, as well as the pathology and imaging findings relevant to the disease state being discussed.
Magnetic Resonance Angiography: Principles and Applications is designed to bring together into a single textbook all of the MRA techniques in clinical practice today and will be a valuable resource for practicing radiologists and other physicians involved in the diagnosis and treatment of vascular diseases, as well as biomedical physicists, MRI technologists, residents, and fellows.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » DSA - Digital Subtraction Angiography - MR Angiography - MRA - Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis - Perfusion Imaging
Related subjects » Cardiology & Angiology - Radiology - Surgery
James C. Carr, MD, is Director of Cardiovascular Imaging and Associate Professor of Radiology and Medicine at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Timothy J. Carroll, PhD, is Assistant Professor in the Department of Radiology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, Illinois, USA.