Written by two of the discoverers of these vaccines, Drs. William Bonnez and Robert C. Rose, this accessible text explores the biology and epidemiology of HPV, its diagnosis, screening, prevention, and treatment, and the types of diseases linked to the virus.
The Guide to Genital HPV Diseases and Prevention:
• aids clinicians in addressing patient questions and concerns
• discusses the basic virology and pathogenesis of HPV
• explores the relationship between HPV and cancer, especially cervical cancer
• covers various treatment methods, including chemical and physical methods
• details prevention strategies, such as condoms and microbicides, and vaccines (Gardasil, Cervarix, Silgard, and those in development)