Part 1. ADVANCED ECHOCARDIOGRAPHIC TECHNIQUES
- Transesophageal echocardiography
- Intraoperative echocardiography
- Contrast echocardiography
- 3D Echocardiography
- Echocardiographic guidance of structural heart disease interventions
- Intracardiac Echocardiography
- Intravascular ultrasound: Principles, histologic correlation and clinical applications
- Hand held echocardiography
Part 2. THE LEFT VENTRICLE
- Quantitative evaluation of left ventricular structure, wall stress, and systolic function.
- Myocardial mechanics: Strain, strain-rate, cardiac synchrony, and torsion/twist
- Left ventricular diastolic function?
- Echocardiographic digital image processing and approaches to endocardial edge detection.
Part 3. ISCHEMIC HEART DISEASE
- The role of echocardiographic evaluation in patients presenting with acute chest pain to the emergency department.
- Echocardiography in the coronary care unit: Management of acute myocardial infarction, detection of complications and prognostic implications.
- Exercise echocardiography
- Non-exercise stress echocardiography
- Echocardiographic Evaluation of Coronary Blood Flow: Approaches and Clinical Applications
Part 4. VALVULAR HEART DISEASE
- Mitral valve anatomy, quantitation of regurgitant severity and timing of intervention.
- The utility of echocardiography in patient selection, planning the operative procedure and intra-operative evaluation of surgical and transcatheter mitral valve repair
- Aortic valve regurgitation: quantitation of disease severity and timing of surgical intervention.
- Echocardiography in the patient undergoing catheter balloon mitral valvuloplasty: patient selection, hemodynamic results, complications and long-term outcome.
- Clinical decision-making in patients with endocarditis: the role of echocardiography?
- Aortic stenosis: Disease severity, progression, timing of intervention and role in monitoring transcatheter valve implantation.
- Fluid dynamics of prosthetic valves.
- Echocardiographic recognition and quantitation of prosthetic valve dysfunction.
Part 5. CARDIOMYOPATHIES AND PERICARDIAL DISEASE
- Doppler echocardiography in heart failure and resynchronization therapy
- Echocardiography in the evaluation and management of patients with hypertrophic cardiomyopathy.
- Restrictive cardiomyopathy: diagnosis and prognostic implications.
- Pericardial Disease
- Cardiac transplantation: pre and post transplant evaluation.
- Cardiac assist devices: normal findings, device failure and weaning parameters.
Part 6. THE RIGHT HEART
- Right ventricular anatomy, function and echocardiographic evaluation
- Echocardiographic evaluation of the patient with pulmonary hypertension
- Right sided valve disease in adults
Part 7. THE PREGNANT PATIENT
- The role of echocardiography in pregnant women with heart disease.
Part 8. VASCULAR AND SYSTEMIC DISEASES
- Aortic dissection and trauma: Value and limitations of echocardiography.
- Echocardiographic findings in systemic diseases characterized by immune-mediated injury.
- Echocardiography in the evaluation of cardiac disease due to endocrine disease, renal, disease, obesity and nutritional deficiencies.
- Echocardiography in patients with inherited connective tissue disorders
- Aging changes seen on echocardiography.
- Echocardiographic evaluation of the patient with a systemic embolic event.-include cath lab monitoring
- Echocardiography in the management of cardiac arrhythmias.
Part 9. ADULT CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE AND CARDIAC TUMORS
- General echocardiographic approach to the adult with suspected congenital heart disease.
- Echocardiographic evaluation of the adult congenital heart disease patient with no prior cardiac procedures.
- Echocardiographic evaluation of the adult patient with post-operative congenital heart disease.
- Cardiac tumors
By Catherine M. Otto, MD, Professor of Medicine, Director, Cardiology Fellowship Programs, University of Washington, Seattle, WA
In Practice of Clinical Echocardiography, world-renowned authority Dr. Catherine M. Otto offers expert guidance on interpreting echocardiographic images and Doppler flow data and applying your findings to your daily clinical decision making. This medical reference book keeps you current on the latest advances and techniques, so you can implement the best possible approaches with your patients!
- Master the challenging practice of echocardiography through clear explanations of advanced concepts..
- Reinforce your learning with a visually rich reference that includes abundant figures and tables to supplement the text.
- Utilize the most promising approaches for your patients with coverage of all echocardiography modalities, including contrast and 3-D echocardiography.
- Zero in on the critically important information and get a quick summary for review thanks to key points at the end of each chapter and a disease-oriented assessment of echocardiographic data.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Access the complete contents online from your laptop or mobile device - anytime, anywhere - plus clinical cases, multiple-choice questions, videos, and eFigures at www.expertconsult.com!
- Stay current on the latest advances with a new chapter on echo-guided interventions for structural heart disease, extensive coverage of technical aspects of image and data acquisition, and many other essential updates.