The 11th edition of this leading reference is an outstanding, scientifically based source of information in the field of dental materials science. It presents up-to-date information on materials that are used in the dental office and laboratory every day, emphasizing practical, clinical use, as well as the physical, chemical, and biological properties of materials. Extensive new clinical photographs in this edition illustrate the topics, and color plates are integrated close to related concepts as they're discussed in each chapter. A new glossary of key terms found at the beginning of every chapter defines terms in the appropriate context of the chapter's discussion. Also in this edition, critical thinking questions throughout the book stimulate the readers' curiosity on specific topics, test their existing knowledge, and heighten their awareness of important or controversial subjects.
New to this edition
- NEW! Full color illustrations and line art throughout the book make text material more clear and vivid.
- NEW! Chapter on Emerging Technologies keeps you up to date on the latest materials in use.
- NEW! Larger trim size allows the text to have fewer pages and makes the content easier to read.
Table of contents
Part I: General Classes and Properties of Dental Materials
1. Overview of Preventive and Restorative Materials
2. Atomic and Molecular Structure of Materials
3. Chemical and Physical Properties of Solids
4. Mechanical Properties of Solids
5. Cast Metal, Electrodeposited Metal, and Metallurgical Principles
6. Dental Polymers
Part II: Auxiliary Dental Materials
8. Impression Materials
9. Gypsum Products
10. Dental Waxes, Metal Casting Investments, and Casting Procedures
11. Finishing and Polishing Materials
Part III: Direct Restorative Materials
12. Bonding and Bonding agents
13. Restorative Resins and Cements
14. Dental Cements
15. Dental Amalgam
Part IV: Indirect Restorative Materials
16. Dental Casting and Soldering Alloys
17. Wrought Alloys
18. Dental Ceramics
19. Denture Base Resins
20. Dental Implants
21. Emerging technologies NEW!