Cryoablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias, by Audrius Bredikis, MD and David Wilber, MD, is the first comprehensive text devoted solely to the effective and appropriate use of cryoablation in the management of cardiac arrhythmias. This user-friendly, all-in-one reference provides clear explanations complemented by abundant, high-quality, full-color clinical photos, and at-a-glance tables making it easy to access the information you need to master even the most challenging cryoablation procedures for adult patients, pediatric/adolescent patients, and cardiac surgery patients. Online access at www.expertconsult.com allows you to rapidly search for images and quickly locate the answers to any questions.
- Deepen your understanding of all aspects of cryoablation in cardiac arrhythmias while building your clinical knowledge of the latest technologies and procedures.
- Master the latest cryoablation procedures for adult patients (AVNRT cryoablation, WPW and septal pathways, atrial flutter, atrial fibrillation, balloon-based cryoablation, RVOT cryoablation); pediatric and adolescent patients (AVNRT cryoablation, WPW cryoablation, cryoablation for pediatric coronary sinus); and cardiac surgery patients (left atrial cryoablation procedure for AF; epicardial cryoablation of AF in patients undergoing mitral valve surgery; epicardial ablation with argon-based cryo-clamp; cryoablation of ventricular tachycardias).
- Implement truly diverse perspectives and worldwide best practices from a team of contributors and editors comprised of the world's leading experts.
- Find information quickly and easily thanks to consistent and tightly focused chapters and a full-color design with tables, illustrations, and high-quality images.
- Access the book from any computer at expertconsult.com, complete with the full text and image library.
Table of Contents
SECTION I. FUNDAMENTAL ASPECTS OF CRYOABLATION
1. History of Cryosurgery and Cardiac Cryoablation
2. Mechanisms of Cryoablation
3. Factors Determining Cryolesion Formation
4. Cryoablation Effects on Esophagus
5. Cryoablation Effects on Pulmonary Veins in Experimental Setting
6. Cryoablation Effects on Coronary Arteries and Veins
SECTION II. CRYOTECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
7. Cryocath Technology
8. Cryocor Technology
9. Critical Nitrogen and Other Emerging Technologies
10. Reversible Effects of Cryoablation: Feasibility of AV Node Modification with Cryoablation
SECTION III. CLINICAL APPLICATIONS
11. Cryoablation of Atrioventricular Nodal Reentry Tachycardia and Comparison
12. Cryoablation of Septal Accessory Pathways
13. Cryoablation of Atrial Flutter
14. Non-Balloon Cryoablation of Atrial Fibrillation
15. Balloon-Based Cryoablation of Atrial Fibrillation
16. Cryoablation of RVOT
17. SVC Isolation and Sinus Node Modification in Cryoablation of Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia
18. Pediatric Applications
SECTION IV. CURRENT APPLICATIONS IN CARDIAC SURGERY
19. Endocardial Cryoablation
20. Cryoablation of Ventricular Tachycardia
By Audrius Bredikis, MD, Cardiac Electrophysiologist, Heart Rhythm Associates of Brevard PA, Rockledge, FL and David Wilber, MD, George M. Eisenberg Professor of Cardiovascular Sciences, Director, Cardiovascular Institute; Director, Division of Cardiology; Medical Director, Electophysiology Laboratory, Loyola University Medical Center, Maywood, IL