Ideally suited for rapid reference and efficient, effective recall, this state-of-the-art
multimedia resource will keep you up to date with current and evolving practice
in the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic disorders, using a visually rich,
succinct format that facilitates comprehension for trainees and practitioners.
Online and in print, you’ll have access to the latest advances in the
- Grasp key information and effectively prepare for examinations with a pictorial, bulleted approach - both highly visual and concise, for more efficient study.
- Move rapidly throughout the text to find the information you need, with color coding and at-a-glance key points.
New To This Edition:
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com, with a downloadable image gallery.
- Learn from two renowned experts in the field.
- Includes over 2,700 high-quality images, 1,000 of which appear for the first time in this edition.
- Master the latest advances in ophthalmology: radical changes in the management of macular disease, including the widespread introduction of VEGF inhibitor therapy; recent developments in the investigation and treatment of retinal vascular disease; new pharmaceutical interventions for a range of conditions, including infectious eye disease and glaucoma; and updated surgical procedures and methods, including oculoplastic, corneal, and glaucoma surgery.
- Guidance on examination, imaging, and recognition of systemic conditions associated with ocular disease.
Table of Contents:
2. Lacrimal Drainage System
4. Dry Eye Disorders
7. Corneal and Refractive Surgery
8. Episclera and Sclera
12. Ocular Tumours
13. Retinal Vascular Disease
14. Acquired Macular Disorders
15. Hereditary Fundus Dystrophies
16. Retinal Detachment
17. Vitreous Opacities
20. Ocular side-effects of systemic medication
By Jack J. Kanski, MD, MS, FRCS, FRCOphth, Honorary Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Prince Charles Eye Unit, King Edward VII Hospital, Windsor, UK and Brad Bowling, FRCSEd(Ophth), FRCOphth, Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Blackpool Victoria Hospital, Blackpool, United Kingdom, UK