Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, a title in the Foundations in Diagnostic Pathology series, provides all the most essential information on the pathological entities encountered in practice in an easy-to-use format. Drs. Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue and Elizabeth Montgomery examine the full scope of neoplastic and non-neoplastic disorders of the gastrointestinal tract--, including disorders of the tubular gastrointestinal tract, pancreatobiliary tree, and liver-from clinical features and ancillary studies to differential diagnoses and prognostic and therapeutic considerations. The consistent, practical format with a wealth of illustrations, boxes, and tables, along with online access at www.expertconsult.com, make this title ideal for quick reference for both novices and experienced pathologists.
- Get the full range of coverage on neoplastic and non-neoplastic gastrointestinal/liver conditions in a consistent, user-friendly format.
- Catch all the nuances of how pathological entities present through over 850 full-color illustrations.
- Reference key information quickly and easily thanks to at-a-glance boxes and tables throughout the text.
New to this Edition
- Access the fully searchable text online at www.expertconsult.com, along with a downloadable image bank.
- Stay current with the latest in molecular diagnostic techniques through a new chapter on this increasingly important topic.
- Find information on lymphoid neoplasms of the GI tract more easily with coverage consolidated into a new, focused chapter.
- Easily identify newly described entities highlighted in updated images and references.
- Enhance your visual understanding from 100 new clinical and photomicroscopic images.
- Gain increased at-a-glance reference thanks to more fact sheets and pathologic features boxes.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Esophagus
Chapter 2 Tumors of the Esophagus
Chapter 3 Non-Neoplastic Disorders of the Stomach
Chapter 4 Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach
Chapter 5 Non-Neoplastic and Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Bowel
Chapter 6 Neoplasms of the Small Intestine
Chapter 7 Gastrointestinal Mesenchymal Tumors
Chapter 8 Non-Neoplastic and Neoplastic Disorders of the Appendix
Chapter 9 Infectious Diseases of the Colon
Chapter 10 Idiopathic Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Chapter 11 Inflammatory/Descriptive/Iatrogenic Colitides
Chapter 12 Gastrointestinal Polyposis Syndromes
Chapter 13 Epithelial Neoplasms of the Colorectum
Chapter 14 Molecular Diagnostics in Gastrointestinal Pathology
Chapter 15 Pathology of the Anus
Chapter 16 Pathology of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Bile Ducts
Chapter 17 Non-Neoplastic and Neoplastic Pathology of the Pancreas
Chapter 18 Metabolic and Toxic Conditions of the Liver
Chapter 19 Inflammatory and Infectious Diseases of the Liver
Chapter 20 Liver Neoplasms
Chapter 21 Gastrointestinal Lymphoma
By Christine A. Iacobuzio-Donahue, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Oncology and Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions Department of Pathology, Division of Gastrointestinal and Liver Pathology, Baltimore, Maryland and Elizabeth A Montgomery, MD, Professor of Pathology, Oncology, and Orthopedic Surgery, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Department of Pathology, Gastrointestinal and Liver Division, Baltimore, Maryland