The Atlas of Liver Pathology, by Drs. Gary C. Kanel and Jacob Korula, provides the visual guidance you need to accurately diagnose all forms of liver disease. Organized by disease type, it points out major histological features, updates disease parameters with new images and diagrams, and helps you understand the clinical aspects of each disease. In print and online, it provides quick and convenient reference to virtually all of the liver disorders commonly seen today. Nine-hundred-plus high-quality, full-color images capture the gross and histological presentation of liver pathology ideal for comparison to the specimens you encounter in practice.
- Interpret liver specimens systematically by first considering the morphology, the differential diagnoses, and then the clinical features, including descriptions of the clinical and biologic behavior, treatment, and prognosis.
- Quickly and easily retrieve the information you need using a templated format that includes concise, bulleted text and abundant tables.
New to this edition
- Ensure accurate diagnoses with the help of 900+ full-color, high-quality images which capture the gross and histological presentation of liver pathology.
- Keep up with the latest findings on newly recognized liver diseases as well as rare disorders such as Langerhans cell histiocytosis, Leishmaniasis, Niemann-Pick disease, Lymphangioma, Pheochromocytoma, Infection-associated (reactive) hemophagocytic syndrome, and glycogen storage diseases.
- Find tables that cover rare diseases and disorders throughout the book.
- Obtain assistance with liver biopsy interpretation through greatly expanded coverage including differential diagnostic tables in a new section of the book, increased images, and more.
- Confidently recognize the major characteristics and distinguishing features of various diseases by examining the revised section on "Clinical and Biologic Behavior."
- Search the complete text online and download all of the illustrations at www.expertconsult.com.