Prendergast’s Front Office Management for the Veterinary Team is a complete training manual for management of the veterinary office that details step-by-step instructions for performing essential front office skills. This text is designed to serve as a procedures manual for veterinarians, technicians, and staff, focusing specifically on the day-to-day duties of the veterinary team. With increasing expectations of quality care and technology, a team member’s knowledge and responsibilities are growing at an exponential rate.
- Resources on the EVOLVE website reinforce front office tasks and allow you to practice until you master a skill.
- Interactive working forms give you experience completing sample checks, deposit slips, and incident reports.
- The latest information on electronic banking and tax forms ensures that you adhere to the most current financial guidelines.
- What Would You Do/Not Do boxes provide scenarios to expose you to real-life situations that occur in veterinary practice and guide you through to an appropriate resolution.
- Review questions test your understanding of concepts presented in each chapter.
- Practice Point boxes highlight essential information.
- Veterinary Practice and the Law boxes provide essential information about laws that you must know in order to run an ethical practice and to protect the practice.
- Key terms and learning objectives guide you through study of the most important content.
Table of Contents
Part I: Veterinary Practice as a Business
1. Veterinary Healthcare Team Members
2. Reception Team
3. Team Management
4. Veterinary Ethics and Legal Issues
5. Human Resources
6. Stress and Burnout
7. Practice Design
8. Technology in the Office
9. Outside Diagnostic Laboratory Services
Part II: Communication Management
11. Client Communications
12. Interacting with a Grieving Client
Part III: Veterinary Practice Systems
13. Appointment and Appointment Management Systems
14. Medical Records and Medical Record Management
15. Inventory and Inventory Management
16. Controlled Substances
18. Accounts Receivable
19. Pet Health Insurance
20. Preparing and Maintaining a Budget
21. Occupational Hazards and Safety Issues
Part IV: Clinical Assisting in the Veterinary Practice
23. Clinical Assisting
24. Calculations and Conversions
25. Professional Development
By Heather Prendergast