PEELS AND CHEMICAL EXFOLIATION, one of fourteen titles in Milady's Aesthetician Series, successfully exposes the reader to a broad understanding of the use of specific peeling agents and how they react on the skin. In this text, the author addresses the advanced educational needs of aestheticians and nurses in such settings as medical skin care facilities, day spas and resort spas. Through specific case studies, clinicians will improve their knowledge of the peeling process. These studies validate and underscore the clinical information. Unique to this publication is an expanded chapter dedicated to peeling agents, indications for use and predictable outcomes. Finally, policy and procedure guides show the clinician, physician or facility how to implement ideas and programs.
New to this Edition
- Improved skin typing processes that help to improve the outcome of each treatment.
- New peel treatments and solutions that improved treatment results.
- New ways to market your business.
- Updates in peel indications help the aesthetician to choose the correct solution for the problem they are trying to solve.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction to Peels and Peeling.
2. Anatomy and Physiology of Aging and Solar Damaged Skin.
3. Healing Peeled Skin.
4. Fundamentals of Skin Care.
5. Assessing Patient's Suitability And Predicting Peel Efficacy.
6. Understanding Chemical Peeling.
7. Glycolic Peels.
8. Jessner's Peels.
9. Trichloroacetic Acid Peels.
10. Salicylic Acid and Designer Peels.
11. Peels in Your Practice.
About the Author
Pamela Hill, RN is Chief Executive Officer and president of Facial Aesthetics, the Pamela Hill Institute, and Pamela Hill Skin Care.