Meet and exceed educational requirements and expectations for Paramedic training with The Professional Paramedic Series. Based on the new National EMS Education Standards, this economical three-volume series equips you and your learners with the resources necessary for both paramedic certification and re-certification. Comprehensive, using a case-based methodology, while remaining street-friendly, each volume in the series walks learners through the skills and concepts critical to the job of a Paramedic. The framework of each book is practical in approach: introducing principles, skills and terminology; presenting a typical case; walking through critical response steps; and again reviewing key concepts to ensure understanding for successful application on the job. Volume III: Trauma Care & EMS Operations highlights special response considerations and a broad range of operational medical topics to prepare readers with the complete spectrum of knowledge required to succeed as a Paramedic. Topics include traumatic brain injury, environmental medicine, specialty care transport, triage systems, and much more. This book follows up on the fundamental information covered in Volume I: Foundations of Paramedic Care and the application of skills in emergency situations in Volume II: Medical Emergencies, Maternal Health & Pediatrics. Practical and reader-friendly, each volume includes a full color design with detailed photos, graphics and step-by-step skill sequences to ensure your learners are fully prepared for the responsibilities, adventures, and challenges of the paramedic profession.
· COMPREHENSIVE: Meets and exceeds the National EMS Education Standards to ensure that students practice for success.
· COMPLETE CURRICULUM: Each volume includes all the necessary tools for successful training, including Lesson Plans, correlating PowerPoint, Skill Sheets, Testbanks, Answers to Questions, Additional Resources, Image Library plus more!
· PRACTICAL & STREET-FRIENDLY: Each volume presents "Case Reviews", step-by-step "Skills", "Street Smart" and "Professional Paramedic" tips, as well as "Regional and Cultural Considerations" to prepare students for the paramedic position.
· LATEST EVIDENCE BASED RECOMMENDATIONS: Evidence –based and fully referenced to validate learning and meet requirements and expectations for success as a professional paramedic.
· WRITTEN BY EXPERIENCED AUTHORS & PRACTICING PROFESSIONALS: Authors are active clinicians, as well as educators with a formal education background.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Part I: TRAUMA CARE.
1. Trauma Overview.
2. Traumatic Brain Injury.
3. Neck and Facial Trauma.
4. Spinal Trauma.
5. Chest Trauma.
6. Abdominal and Genitourinary Trauma.
7. Orthopedic Trauma.
8. Soft Tissue Trauma.
10. Trauma in Children.
11. Trauma Resuscitation.
Part II: ENVIRONMENTAL MEDICINE.
12. Heat Emergencies.
13. Cold Emergencies.
14. Mountain Medicine.
15. Water Emergencies.
16. Bites and Stings.
Part III: EMS OPERATIONS.
17. EMS Vehicle Safety.
18. Air Transportation.
19. Specialty Care Transport.
Part IV: EMERGENCY INCIDENT MANAGEMENT.
20. National Incident Management System.
21. Emergency Response to Terrorism.
22. Response to Public Health Emergency.
23. Triage Systems.
25. Emergency Incident Rehabilitation.
26. Hazardous Materials Operations.
27. Urban Search and Rescue.
28. Water Rescue.
29. Wilderness Search and Rescue.
30. High and Low Angle Rescue.
31. Mass Gathering Medicine.
32. EMS Support of Tactical Operations
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Richard Beebe, MS, BSN, NREMT-P is the program director for Bassett Health Care’s Center for Rural Emergency Medical Services Education in Cooperstown, New York. He is also a Clinical Assistant Professor at the State University of New York at Cobleskill, New York. Richard Beebe is also a practicing field Paramedic with the Guilderland Police Department, since 1988. Richard Beebe has a Masters degree in education, is a registered Nurse and a nationally registered Paramedic. Richard Beebe has been an EMS educator for over two decades and is a chapter member of the National Association of EMS Educators. Mr. Beebe is a state and national speaker, author or editor of several textbooks, and has been recently working in a leadership role on the committee for the National EMS Education Standards of the National Association of EMS Educators.