No other equine quick reference comes close to providing this much accurate, timely, and clinically useful diagnostic and therapeutic information. Clinical Veterinary Advisor: The Horse is six books in one -- Diseases and Disorders, Procedures and Techniques, Differential Diagnosis, Laboratory Tests, Clinical Algorithms, and a Drug Formulary. Plus, a companion website gives you convenient, searchable access to the full text and other useful tools. Covering hundreds of current topics in a concise at-a-glance format, this authoritative resource from David A. Wilson, DVM and a group of respected contributors is a must-have guide for the busy equine or mixed-practice practitioner.
A consistent, easy-reference format allows for quick retrieval of practical,
A wealth of high-quality illustrations clearly demonstrates key concepts and procedures.
Concise, at-a-glance format offers six books in one with these sections:
1. Diseases and Disorders provides at-a-glance coverage of nearly 500 common medical problems, arranged alphabetically for immediate access. Each entry presents the topic in the sequence it follows clinically, including: history and physical exam findings, diagnostic testing, treatment (including specific medications and dosages), prognosis, and recommended monitoring. References for each topic support the data presented.
2. Procedures and Techniques offers illustrated, step-by-step instructions for understanding and performing over 100 important clinical procedures.
3. Differential Diagnosis displays nearly every possible cause for 65 different clinical disorders.
4. Laboratory Tests summarizes essential information needed for interpreting 110 laboratory tests.
5. Clinical Algorithms provides easy-to-follow, step-by-step guidance to clinical assessment and treatment planning for 50 of the most common clinical conditions/disorders.
6. Drug Formulary is a compilation of dosages and other relevant information by expert Nathan Slovis, DVM for 145 new and current medications.
A companion website includes the complete text of the book in a fully searchable format, which allows quick access to any topic and its related information in the six different sections. The website also includes a searchable drug formulary, a color image collection, clinical algorithms, and 50 client education sheets available in both English and Spanish.
Table of contents
Section I - Diseases and Disorders
Section II - Procedures and Techniques
Section III - Differential Diagnosis
Section IV - Laboratory Tests
Section V - Clinical Algorithms
Section VI - Drug Formulary