Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery (VATS) presents step-by-step instructions on procedures that yield better patient outcomes and recoveries. Dr. Robert J. McKenna covers major developments in video-assisted thorascopic surgery (VATS)-including lung-volume reduction surgery. The included DVD and online access offer videos of experts performing these valuable techniques.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book online at www.expertconsult.com, along with videos demonstrating key minimally invasive thoracic procedures.
- Get the latest on video-assisted thorascopic surgery (VATS), including lung-volume reduction surgery.
- Hone your skills in each procedure through step-by-step instructions, along with tips and discussions of complications.
- Grasp the visual nuances of surgery from nearly 400 intraoperative photographs depicting procedures.
- Master the full range of minimally invasive procedure through comprehensive coverage that highlights even lesser known techniques.
- Watch procedures performed by the experts who helped pioneer them on the instructional DVD and the website.
By Robert J. McKenna, Jr., MD, Chief, Thoracic Surgery; Program Director, General Thoracic Surgery Fellowship; Surgical Director, Women's Guild Lung Institute, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California USA; Ali Mahtabifard, MD, Attending Surgeon, Cedars-Sinai Center for Chest Diseases; Associate Director, Thoracic Surgery Residency Program, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, California USA and Scott J. Swanson, MD, Director, Minimally Invasive Thoracic Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital; Chief Surgical Officer, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Professor of Surgery, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts USA