Stay on top of the latest scientific and therapeutic advances with the new edition of Leibel and Phillips Textbook of Radiation Oncology. Dr. Theodore L. Phillips, in collaboration with two new authors, Drs. Richard Hoppe and Mack Roach, offers a multidisciplinary look at the presentation of uniform treatment philosophies for cancer patients emphasizing the "treat for cure" philosophy. You can also explore the implementation of new imaging techniques to locate and treat tumors, new molecularly targeted therapies, and new types of treatment delivery.
- Supplement your reading with online access to the complete contents of the book, a downloadable image library, and more at expertconsult.com.
- Gather step-by-step techniques for assessing and implementing radiotherapeutic options with this comprehensive, full-color, clinically oriented text.
- Review the basic principles behind the selection and application of radiation as a treatment modality, including radiobiology, radiation physics, immobilization and simulation, high dose rate, and more.
New to This Edition
- Use new imaging techniques to anatomically locate tumors before and during treatment.
- Apply multidisciplinary treatments with advice from experts in medical, surgical, and radiation oncology.
- Explore new treatment options such as proton therapy, which can facilitate precise tumor-targeting and reduce damage to healthy tissue and organs.
- Stay on the edge of technology with new chapters on IGRT, DNA damage and repair, and molecularly targeted therapies.
By Richard Hoppe, MD; Theodore L. Phillips, MD, Theodore L. Phillips, MD, FACR, FASTRO, Professor of Radiation Oncology, Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona, University of California, Davis, Sacramento, California and Mack III Roach, III, MD