With proven techniques and professional insight, this one-of-a-kind resource is your complete guide to ensuring both effective patient care and sound business practices in the medical facility. From the front office to financial management, each detailed chapter addresses the interpersonal and administrative concerns you’ll face in the management of a medical office, accompanied by realistic forms, letters, and procedural policies that help you prepare for on-the-job success. This new edition keeps you up to date on emerging developments in billing and coding, documentation, ethical and legal issues, and technological advances to help you keep your medical office at the forefront of the competitive health care field.
•Manager’s Alert boxes detail measures to help you avoid complications
and prevent potential emergencies.
•From the Expert’s Notebook boxes help you build daily decision-making skills with helpful tips, suggestions, and insights drawn from real-world practice.
•Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce concepts and help you assess your understanding.
•Detailed appendices provide fast, easy access to commonly used abbreviations and symbols, Medicare information, helpful websites, and answers to the end-o-f-chapter exercises, as well as a sample procedure and policy manual to guide you in developing your own practices.
New to this Edition
•Written Communication chapter helps you ensure proper communication
and documentation in the health care facility.
•Updated content in the Medical Record chapter familiarizes you with the latest information on the electronic medical record.
•The updated Billing, Coding, and Collections chapter keeps you up to date with the latest coding and insurance forms (CMS 1500).
•Coverage of current legal and ethical issues and emerging technology in the medical office keep you apprised of recent developments.
Table of Contents
- 1. The Health Care Professional
- 2. Personnel Management
- 3. The Front Office
- 4. Written Communication NEW
- 5. Medical Record
- 6. Billing, Coding, and Collections
- 7. Fraud, Abuse, and Compliance
- 8. Documentation and Risk Assessment
- 9. Ethical and Legal Issues
- 10. Health Care Technology
- 11. Safety and Health
- 12. Responsibilities of the Manager
- 13. Outpatient Services, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Hospitals
- 14. The Financial Side
- 15. Medical Marketing
- A. Sample Employee Pension Plan Booklet
- B. Medicare Carriers and Medicare Fraud Units by Region
- C. Internet Website Addresses for Health Care Professionals
- D. Abbreviations and Symbols Used in the Medical Office
- E. Patient Information Handbook for Central City Gastroenterology Associates
- F. Central City Medical Associates Office Procedure and Policy Manual
- G. Answers to Teasers, Testers, and Thinkers
- H. Sample Encounter Form
- I. Audit Summary Report
By Alice Anne Andress, CCS-P, CCP, Director of Physician Services, Parente Randolph, LLC, Harrisburg, PA