Effectively avoiding, recognizing, and managing complications is integral to your operative success. Let a multidisciplinary team of experts in otolaryngology, plastic surgery, oral and maxillofacial surgery, and general surgery guide you through the full range of complications associated with every type of head and neck procedure . . . so you will be equipped to produce the most favorable outcomes for even the most challenging cases!
- Expert, comprehensive, multidisciplinary coverage of head and neck complications helps you to safely incorporate new surgical techniques into your practice.
- An emphasis on complication prevention and recognition assists you in avoiding the "complication cascade."
- Coverage of both acute and long-term care of patients with head and neck complications prepares you to make effective choices in both instances.
New to this Edition
- A new "Quality of Life" section examines the controversies that often surround selecting one procedure over another, illuminating why certain procedures aren't always best for some patients.
- A new section on complications of facial plastic and reconstructive surgery equips you to perform these techniques with greater confidence.
- A consistent, practical chapter format helps you focus on key clinical and surgical considerations.
- A new, more cohesive full-color illustration program richly captures visual nuances of clinical presentation and operative technique.
- A bonus CD-ROM allows you to use all of the images from the book in electronic presentations.
By David Eisele, MD, Professor and Chairman, Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA; and Richard V. Smith, MD, FACS, Vice-Chair and Associate Professor, Department of Otorhinolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery, Albert Einstein College of Medicine; Medicine Director, Moses Division, Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY