This reference equips you to perform a full range of diagnostic and interventional procedures using ultrasound technology. Written by experts in ultrasonography, it follows an evidence-based-medicine approach, exploring the latest ultrasound applications for regional anesthesia and pain relief procedures, as well as diagnostic and critical care medicine. A companion DVD shows you how to perform the techniques discussed in the text.
- Presents the unparalleled, practice-proven experience of top authorities in ultrasound.
- Equips you to perform ultrasound-guided arterial cannulation, central venous access, and difficult peripheral venous access
- general ultrasound in the ICU and trauma setting, TEE, and transcranial Doppler
- ultrasound-guided nerve blocks and procedures for chronic pain and more.
- Features a consistent chapter format, with sections entitled ";Sonoatomy";
- ";How to do it?";
- and ";Evidence and Literature,"; to make the information you need easy to find.
- A bonus DVD featuring nearly 100 video clips demonstrates how to perform the procedures described in the text.
Table of Contents
Section I Basics of Ultrasonography
Chapter 1 History of Ultrasound in Perioperative Medicine
Chapter 2 Physics of Ultrasound
Chapter 3 Principles of Interventional Ultrasound
Chapter 4 Economics of Using Ultrasound for Perioperative Procedures
Section II Ultrasound for Vascular Access Procedures
Chapter 5 Ultrasound for Central Venous Access
Chapter 6 Ultrasound for Difficult Peripheral Venous Access and Arterial Cannulation
Section III Ultrasound in Perioperative and Critical Care Setting
Chapter 7 General Ultrasound in the Intensive Care Unit
Chapter 8 Transthoracic and Transesophageal Echocardiography: Basic Technique and Standard Views
Chapter 9 Echocardiography in the Intensive Care Unit and Trauma
Chapter 10 Intraoperative Transesophageal Echocardiography for Noncardiac Surgery
Chapter 11 Transcranial Doppler in the Intensive Care Unit and Operating Room
Section IV Ultrasound in Regional Anesthesia and Pain Medicine
Chapter 12 Principles of Ultrasound-Guided Nerve Blocks
Chapter 13 Ultrasound-Guided Orbital Blocks
Chapter 14 Ultrasound-Guided Interscalene Block
Chapter 15 Ultrasound-Guided Supraclavicular Block
Chapter 16 Ultrasound-Guided Infraclavicular Block
Chapter 17 Ultrasound-Guided Axillary Block
Chapter 18 Ultrasound-Guided Femoral Nerve Block
Chapter 19 Ultrasound-Guided Psoas Block
Chapter 20 Ultrasound-Guided Sciatic Block
Chapter 21 Ultrasound-Guided Truncal Blocks
Chapter 22 Ultrasound-Guided Neuraxial Blocks
Chapter 23 Ultrasound-Guided Procedures for Chronic Pain