By Linda Gaylor, RDA, Dental Assistant Instructor, Baldy View Regional Occupational Program, Claremont, CA
An indispensable companion to the 2nd edition of The Administrative Dental Assistant, this workbook combines the key objectives and content of the textbook with challenging exercises, putting the information into a practical context. These exercises also work in conjunction with the tasks presented in the companion CD-ROM, making the Administrative Dental Assistant an even more accurate representation of the challenges that administrative dental assistants will encounter on the job. This new edition includes an interactive demo CD from leading software provider Dentrix.
- An interactive, networkable demo CD from Dentrix is included, allowing students to access Dentrix’s leading practice management software to perform administrative dental assistant tasks exactly as they would be performed by professionals.
- Introductory paragraphs in every chapter outline content revisions and changes in the field, along with instructions for using corresponding elements of the Dentrix software.
- New and revised exercises include short answer, multiple choice, matching, fill in the blank, labeling, and fill-in form exercises drawing on the most current information as presented in the textbook.
- More than 100 new or colorized images reinforce key points and provide examples of important topics and procedures.
- Chapter objectives set learning goals for each chapter.
- Puzzles include crossword, word search, and word scramble puzzles for every chapter, challenging retention of key terms and concepts.
2. Orientation to the Dental Profession
3. Dental Basics
4. Communication Skills and Telephone Techniques
5. Written Correspondence
6. Patient Relations
7. Dental Healthcare Team
8. Patient Clinical Records
9. Information Management
10. Dental Patient Scheduling
11. Recall Systems
12. Dental Insurance Processing
13. Inventory Management
14. Financial Arrangements and Collection Procedures
15. Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Receivable
16. Bookkeeping Procedures: Accounts Payable
17. Office Equipment
18. Computerized Dental Practice
19. Employment Strategies
Appendix: Forms Needed