'NVQs for Dental Nurses' provides trainee dental nurses with a core companion
to the National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 3 in Oral Healthcare. The
book offers comprehensive support on mandatory units of the course in addition
to supplying material on the optional units most common to clinical dentistry.
The second edition has been substantially revised and restructured in line with the newly updated NVQ course.
Table of Contents
How to Use This Book.
1. Applied Biology and Physiology.
2. Regional and Dental Anatomy.
3. Health, Safety and Security in Dental Practice.
4. Control and Maintenance of Cross-Infection and Sterilisation.
5. Oral Diseases.
6. Oral Health Motivation, Protection and Promotion.
7. Support of Clinical Assessment of Oral Health.
8. Dental Radiography.
9. Tooth Restoration.
10. Prosthetic Dentistry.
11. Non-surgical and Surgical Endodontics.
12. Extractions and Minor Oral Surgery.
14. Communication, Confidentiality and Patient's Rights.
15. Development of Knowledge and Practice.
Carole Hollins is a dental practitioner and member of the British Dental Association. She is a member of the Faculty of General Dental Practitioners and an examiner for NEBDN. She is the current Chairman of the National Certificate Committee and sits on the Qualifications Council. Carole Hollins is the author of NVQs for Dental Nurses, Questions and Answers for Dental Nurses, 2nd Edition and the Basic Guide to Dental Procedures.