Edited and authored by international experts,A Practical Manual of Thyroid and Parathyroid Diseasepresents concise, evidence-based, multi-disciplinary guidance relevant for a global audience. Where appropriate, chapters include an evidence appraisal section which critically assesses the level of the evidence available for different treatment options.
Reflecting the latest in clinical research and showcasing techniques pioneered by the contributors, the book includes chapters dedicated to advances in:
- radiological assessment
- molecular biology and treatment rationale in thyroid cancer
- surgical technique including minimally invasive modalities
Designed to be user-friendly, the book contains key points, case studies, color photographs and diagrams throughout. Multiple choice questions included at the end of each chapter enable self assessment.
The book will be relevant to the medical undergraduate, postgraduate and clinical nurse specialist. Primary care physicians will find this an excellent resource for reference purposes and it will update specialists involved with treating thyroid and parathyroid disease in the fields of Pathology, Radiology, Oncology, Endocrinology and Surgery.
Table of Contents
List of Contributors.
Section 1. Thyroid Disease.
- 1 Symptoms, Assessment and Guidelines for Primary Care Referral (Graham Hornett, Stephen Robinson, Asit Arora).
- 2 Pathological Spectrum of Thyroid Disease (Tim Stephenson).
- 3 Thyroid Cytopathology (Glen Dixon, Julie McCarthy).
- 4 Thyroid Imaging (Gitta Madani).
- 5 The Role of Nuclear Medicine (Ravinder K. Grewal, Steven M. Larson, Jorge A. Carrasquillo).
- 6 Endocrine Disorders: Medical Management (Nick Oliver, Stephen Robinson).
- 7 Clinical Anatomy and Developmental Aberrations (Vishy Mahadevan).
- 8 Surgical Management of Benign Thyroid Disease (David J. Lesnik, Miriam A. O’Leary, J. Pieter Noordzij, Gregory W. Randolph).
- 9 Oncogenesis & Molecular Targeted Therapy In Thyroid Cancer (Kepal N. Patel, Bhuvanesh Singh).
- 10 An Overview of the Management of Thyroid Cancer (R. Michael Tuttle).
- 11 Surgical Management of Thyroid Cancer (Neil Tolley, Asit Arora, Christos Georgalas).
- 12 Medical Management of Thyroid Cancer (Masud Haq, Clive Harmer).
Section 2. Parathyroid Disease.
- 13 Symptoms, Differential Diagnosis and Management (Jeremy Cox, Mike Stearns).
- 14 Investigations (Brendan C. Stack, Gregory Randolph).
- 15 Pathological Spectrum of Parathyroid Disease (John Lynn, Paul Lewis).
- 16 Clinical Anatomy, Developmental Aberrations and Endocrinology (Malcolm H. Wheeler).
- 17 Management of Parathyroid Disease (Paolo Miccoli, Gabriele Materazzi, Piero Berti).