The Basic Guide to Dental Materials is the essential guide to dental materials for all members of the dental team.
The book includes coverage of all basic dental materials, their uses and examples of each; step-by-step illustrated guidance as to the proper manipulation of materials, instructions on the four-handed delivery of dental materials and relevant instruments, practical advice on the appropriate and safe clean up and disposal of dental materials (to include how to read an MSDS sheet) and a comprehensive glossary of key terms.
Information is provided in a clear and concise manner, breaking the topic of dental materials down to the core basics.
Table of Contents
- Preface – How to use this book.
- 1 Introduction.
- 2 Dental materials’ properties.
- 3 Temporary restorative materials.
- 4 Non-aesthetic restorative materials.
- 5 Aesthetic restorative materials.
- 6 Acid etchant, bonding agents and fissure sealants.
- 7 Liner and bases.
- 8 Dental cements.
- 9 Endodontic materials.
- 10 Periodontal dressings.
- 11 Dental impression materials.
- 12 Gypsum materials.
- 13 Dental waxes.
- 14 Material safety data sheets.
- 15 Introduction to four-handed dentistry.