The new edition of Clinical Endocrine Oncology has been fully revised and extended making it the most comprehensive and up-to-date reference available. Written and edited by leading international experts in the field, it sets the standard in multidisciplinary care for patients with endocrine tumors.
The book provides specific and detailed guidance on the basic, clinical, investigative and therapeutic processes required for the thorough evaluation of a patient with a tumor in an endocrine organ. The eighty-four chapters are arranged in seven parts:
• Endocrine Oncology and Therapeutic Options
• Thyroid and Parathyroid Tumors
• Pituitary and Hypothalamic Lesions
• Adrenal and Gonadal Tumors
• Neuroendocrine Tumors and the Clinical Syndromes
• Medical Syndromes and Endocrine Neoplasia
• Endocrine-responsive Tumors and Female Reproductive Hormone Therapy.
This authoritative and practical text will be an invaluable resource for all those working in the field, including endocrinologists, medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation therapists, interventional radiologists, specialist nurses, and clinical scientists.
John A.H. Wass is joined in this edition by a new editor, Ian D. Hay, Professor of Medicine and Endocrinology Research at the Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota, USA.