Produced in association with the American Society of Transplantation, this new edition is full of practical advice for the next generation of transplant professionals.
In addition to 5 organ-specific chapters: kidney, pancreas, heart, lung and liver, the book includes essential information on:
- donor management
- infectious complications
- pediatric transplantation
- general principles of patient management
Fully updated and redesigned to make it even more user-friendly, the book now contains clinical vignettes, key point boxes, and self-assessment multiple choice questions in each chapter.
Primer on Transplantation, Third Edition is an invaluable resource for all health professionals in the transplant team including trainees, residents, fellows, physicians, surgeons, nurses and transplant co-ordinators.
Purchasing this book entitles you to access to the companion website:
The website includes:
- Interactive Multiple-Choice Questions for each chapter
- Figures from the book as Powerpoints for downloading
- All chapters online
Table of Contents
- 1 Immunology of transplantation (Qiquan Sun, Jason M Zimmerer, and Gregg A Hadley).
- 2 Pharmacology of transplantation (Ian AC Rowe and James M Neuberger).
- 3 Medical management of the deceased donor in solid organ transplantation (John McCartney and Kenneth E Wood).
- 4 Infectious diseases in transplantation (Robin K Avery and Jay A Fishman).
- 5 Management of the successful solid organ transplant recipient (Elizabeth A Kendrick and Connie L Davis).
- 6 Pediatric transplantation (William Harmon).
- 7 Kidney and pancreas transplantation (Joshua J Augustine, Kenneth A Bodziak, Aparna Padiyar, James A Schulak, and Donald E Hricik).
- 8 Heart transplantation (Maryl R Johnson, Walter G Kao, Elaine M Winkel, Joseph L Bobadilla, Takushi Kohmoto, and Niloo M Edwards).
- 9 Lung transplantation (Jonathan E Spahr and Keith C Meyer).
- 10 Liver transplantation (Kimberly A Brown, Mary Ann Huang, Marwan Kazimi, and Dilip Moonka).
Multiple choice questions.
Answers to multiple choice questions.