If you are one of the many physicians from different specialty disciplines who perform endovascular interventions then this practical reference will help you to develop your endovascular skills and encompass them into daily practice.
Endovascular Therapy covers everything you need to know about creating an endovascular program, such as imaging, catheter and device inventory, nursing support, and technician support.
In addition, this book provides a basic knowledge of the pathophysiology of vascular disease, interventional techniques, and endovascular modalities of various disease categories. Each individual disease and endovascular therapy is discussed and emphasis is placed on the relevant complications associated with the wide spectrum of endovascular interventions.
Also included are step-by-step guides to procedure conduct, tips and tricks, procedure specific equipment lists, and recommended post procedure orders and follow up.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- 1 General principles of endovascular therapy
- 2 Basic science of endovascular therapy
- 3 Pharmacotherapy in endovascular interventions
- 4 Complications of endovascular therapy
- 5 Carotid bifurcation disease
- 6 Supra-aortic trunk and upper extremity arterial disease
- 7 Thoracic aortic disease
- 8 Abdominal aortic aneurysm
- 9 Mesenteric artery occlusive disease
- 10 Renal artery occlusive disease
- 11 Aortoiliac occlusive disease
- 12 Lower extremity arterial disease
- 13 Arteriovenous graft interventions
- 14 Venous insufficiency and varicose veins
- 15 Ileofemoral deep venous thrombosis
- 16 Vascular trauma
- 17 Endovascular devices in peripheral interventions
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Alan Boyd Lumsden, MB ChB, is Professor and Chief, Division of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy at Baylor College of Medicine.
Changyi Chen, MD, PhD, is Professor of Surgery and Director of the Molecular Surgeon Research Center Michael E. DeBakey Department of Surgery at Baylor College of Medicine