Care of Wounds addresses all aspects of holistic wound care management. The third edition of this successful text continues to reflect current research and evidence based practice, while incorporating the considerable developments which have occurred in wound care practice since the publication of the second edition.
The third edition includes new chapters on evidence-based wound care and the organisation of wound management, together with new material on nurse prescribing and the management of wounds in the community; the development of nurse-led ulcer clinics and specialist wound management centres; details of new technologies and the use of pressure redistributing equipment. Although principally written for nurses, it is of value to all healthcare professionals working in the field of wound healing.
- Aimed primarily at pre-registration and newly qualified nurses
- Addresses all aspects of wound care
- Contains assessment forms for use in clinical practice
- Provides guidelines for optimum patient care
- Includes case studies for self assessment
- In the Essential Clinical Skills for Nurses series
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The physiology of wound healing.
- Chapter 2: The management of patients with wounds.
- Chapter 3: General principles of wound management.
- Chapter 4: Wound management products.
- Chapter 5: The management of patients with chronic wounds.
- Chapter 6: The management of patients with acute wounds.
- Chapter 7: The Organisation of wound management.
- Chapter 8: Evidence-based wound care.
- Chapter 9: Conclusions