1. Advice on answering clinical science viva questions
2. Anatomy and its applications
5. Physics and clinical measurement
This third edition of the highly successful The Anaesthesia Science Viva Book contains detailed, accessible summaries of the core questions in anatomy, physiology, pharmacology and clinical measurement that may be asked in the oral section of the Final FRCA exam. In addition to comprehensive updating of all the topics, this edition includes new subject material in each of the four basic sciences, with almost 200 detailed summaries of the most relevant topics in the examination. This volume once again gives candidates an insight into the way the viva works, offering general guidance on exam technique, and providing readily accessible information relating to a wide range of potential questions. Written by a former senior examiner for the diploma of the Fellowship of the Royal College of Anaesthetists and listed as recommended reading by AnaesthesiaUK, the prime educational resource for trainee anaesthetists, it remains an essential purchase for every Final FRCA candidate.
- Detailed yet accessible stand-alone summaries of almost 200 separate basic science topics
- Allows ready assimilation of the information that may be asked in an oral examination
- Targeted specifically at basic science components that are an essential part of postgraduate anaesthetic examinations