1. Introduction to early pregnancy ultrasound Emma Kirk
2. The normal early intrauterine pregnancy ultrasound 4-11 weeks Asli Ucyigit and Jackie Ross
3. Diagnosis of miscarriage Nicola Mitchell-Jones and Cecilia Bottomley
4. Gestational trophoblastic disease Anna Graham and Jemma Johns
5. Pregnancy of unknown location Tom Bourne and Shabnam Bodiwala
6. Tubal ectopic pregnancy Emma Kirk
7. Non-tubal ectopic pregnancy Davor Jurkovic and Dimitrios Mavrelos
8. The adnexa and other pathology Dirk Timmerman and Wouter Froyman
9. Uterine anomalies and early pregnancy Nick Raine-Fenning and Matthew Prior
10. Colour Doppler and 3D ultrasound in early pregnancy Davor Jurkovic
11. Surgical management of early pregnancy complications Tom Holland
Early Pregnancy Ultrasound is a comprehensive and hands-on practical guide that is essential for all health professionals working in the field of early pregnancy. It is highly illustrated with ultrasound images of normal and abnormal pregnancies. It demonstrates how ultrasound can be used to identify and manage complications in early pregnancy. As well as sample ultrasound scan images, the text includes annotated schematic diagrams, tables, flow diagrams, and lists of key learning points, making it an easily accessible learning tool. Early Pregnancy Ultrasound is a key resource for obstetricians, gynaecologists, midwives, nurses and sonographers. It is also an essential text for medical trainees undertaking the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG) Advanced Training Module in Early Pregnancy, or any trainee interested in early pregnancy.
- A comprehensive guide with chapters covering all aspects of early pregnancy ultrasound
- An easily accessible guide with tables and flow diagrams rather than being 'text heavy'
- Highly illustrated with ultrasound images and annotated schematic diagrams
Emma Kirk, Royal Free Hospital, London
Emma Kirk is a Consultant Obstetrician and Gynaecologist with a special research interest in Early Pregnancy and Gynaecological Ultrasound. She has published extensively on many different areas of early pregnancy.