2. Structure and Functions of Cells of the Nervous System
3. Structure of the Nervous System
5. Methods and Strategies of Research
7. Audition, the Body Senses, and the Chemical Senses
8. Control of Movement
9. Sleep and Biological Rhythms
10. Reproductive Behavior
12. Ingestive Behavior
13. Learning and Memory
14. Human Communication
15. Neurological Disorders
16. Schizophrenia and the Affective Disorders
17. Stress, Anxiety, and Neurodevelopmental Disorders
18. Substance Abuse
An up-to-date, comprehensive, and accessible overview of behavioral neuroscience
Physiology of Behavior provides a scholarly yet accessible portrait of the dynamic interaction between biology and behavior. Lead author Neil Carlson and new co-author Melissa Birkett drew upon their experience teaching and working with students to create the new edition of this comprehensive and accessible guide for students of behavioral neuroscience. In addition to updated research, the Twelfth Edition offers an updated art and visual program and a more robust learning architecture that highlights key concepts, guiding students through the text.
- UPDATED! The art and visual program has been updated to give the Twelfth Edition a modern, cohesive feel, as well as to keep up with the latest findings and studies in the field.
- UPDATED! The Twelfth Edition’s updated research reflects both the enormous advances made in research methods and the discoveries these methods have revealed. By covering the latest methods and techniques, the authors ensure that the text stays atop the latest trends and findings in the field.