Concise, evidence-based coverage of the diseases and syndromes most commonly seen in clinical practice.
CURRENT Diagnosis and Treatment in Family Medicine, Fifth Edition is an easy-to-use guide to the diagnosis, treatment, and management of the full range of clinical conditions seen in primary care. The book covers all age groups--from pediatric to geriatric--and includes end-of-life issues. An essential clinical reference for house staff and practicing family physicians, the book is also great for USMLE Step 3 review, board certification, and maintenance of certification.
- NEW content includes coverage of genetics and precision medicine use in family medicine, telehealth in family medicine, CTE and sports injuries, Zika, the opioid epidemic, Hepatitis C, expansion of the HIV section, veteran's health and PTSD, and more
- Organized according to the developmental lifespan, beginning with childhood and adolescence and progressing through adulthood and senior years
- Evidence-based recommendations
- Conservative and pharmacologic therapies
- Complementary and alternative therapies when relevant
- Attention to the mental and behavioral health of patients as solitary as well as comorbid conditions
- Patient education information
- End-of-life issues
Jeannette E. South Paul, MD Professor and Chair Department of Family Practice University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
Samuel C. Matheny, MD, MPH Professor and Chair Department of Family Practice University of Kentucky College of Medicine
Evelyn L. Lewis, MD, MA Vice Chair Department of Family Medicine Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Bethesda, Maryland