The best cardiovascular review available for the USMLE®, exam review, and course work
Cardiovascular Physiology, Ninth Edition is a concise and enjoyable way for you to gain a fundamental knowledge of the basic operating principles of the intact cardiovascular system and how those principles apply to clinical medicine. Succinct but thorough, it focuses on the facts and concepts you must know to get a solid “big picture” overview of how the cardiovascular system operates in normal and abnormal situations. No other text will prove more valuable in enhancing your ability to evaluate the myriad new information you will be exposed to throughout your career, than Cardiovascular Physiology.
There is no faster or more effective way to learn how the key principles of cardiovascular function apply to common and pathological challenges than this engagingly written, time-proven guide. Medical students will find it to be an outstanding review for the USMLE® Step 1 and experienced clinicians will find it be a valuable clinical refresher.
- NEW! Increased focus on cardiovascular energetics
- “Perspectives” section in each chapter that identify important, currently unresolved issues
- Clarifies the details of physiologic mechanisms and their role in pathologic states
- Links cardiovascular physiology to diagnosis and treatment
- Summarizes key concepts at the end of each chapter
- Highlights must-know information with chapter objectives• Reinforces learning with study questions at the end of each chapter
David E. Mohrman, PhD and Louis Jane Heller, PhD (Duluth, MN) are affiliated with the University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Department of Physiology.