An expertly written state-of-the-art review of every aspect of cardiovascular PET imaging!
Filling a void in the medical literature, this much needed resource clearly and succinctly reviews the current knowledge and practical aspects of cardiovascular PET. With coverage that spans everything from instrumentation to clinical procedures to the future directions of cardiac PET, the intent and focus of this book is to provide readers with the most current, reliable, and clinically relevant data in one concise, focused resource.
Essential for anyone preparing for the board exam in nuclear medicine, Cardiovascular PET: Current Concepts is organized into six sections:
- Current Concepts of Cardiovascular PET Imaging: The New Paradigm
- Clinical Overview of Contemporary Myocardial Perfusion Imaging with Cardiac PET
- Quantitative Myocardial Blood Flow Assessment
- Technical Developments in Cardiovascular PET
- Myocardial Viability Assessment: The Current Rule of Cardiac PET
- Current Status of Assessment of Cardiovascular Inflammation and Infection Imaging
Each chapter concludes with an informative “Editor’s Perspective” in which one of the editors places the material discussed in the chapter into real-world clinical perspective.
If you would like a better understanding of cardiovascular PET, or want to incorporate it into your own clinical practice, this book is required reading.