Infectious Diseases – as only Harrison’s can cover them
Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to infectious diseases derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinicalcompanion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientific rigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s. You will find 137 chapters from more than 190 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for theclassroom, clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- Current, complete coverage of need-to-know topics, including infections in organ systems, bacterial infections, viral infections, prion diseases, fungal infections, and protozoal infections
- Addresses underlying epidemiologic, pathophysiologic, and genetic factors
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management
- Includes special update on Zika virus etiology, clinical manifestations, and complications
- The chapter on HIV infections and AIDS by Anthony Fauci and Dr. H. Clifford Lane is widely considered to be a classic in the field
- Two chapters comprise atlases of images that will prove invaluable in clinical assessments
- High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current and preparing for the boards
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
About the Author
Dennis Kasper, MD (Boston, MA) is Channing Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School.
Anthony S. Fauci, MD (Bethesda, MD) is Director, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, NIH.