Cardiovascular Medicine – with all the authority of Harrison’s
Featuring a superb compilation of chapters related to cardiovascular medicine derived from Harrison’s Principles of Internal Medicine, Nineteenth Edition (including content from the acclaimed Harrison’s DVD, now available here in print), this concise, full-color clinical companion delivers the latest knowledge in the field backed by the scientific rigor and authority that have defined Harrison’s. You will find 53 chapters from 58 renowned editors and contributors in a carry-anywhere presentation that is ideal for the classroom, clinic, ward, or exam/certification preparation.
- Current, complete coverage of essential cardiovascular medicine topics, including Diagnosis of Cardiovascular Disorders, Heart Rhythm Disturbances, Disorders of the Heart, and Disorders of the Vasculature
- An important opening section “Introduction to Cardiovascular Disorders” provides a systems overview, beginning with the basic biology of the cardiovascular system, followed by epidemiology of cardiovascular systems, and approach to the patient
- Integration of pathophysiology with clinical management
- High-yield board review questions make this text ideal for keeping current and preparing for the boards
- Helpful appendix of laboratory values of clinical importance
About the Author
Joseph Loscalzo, MD (Boston, MA) is Physician-in-Chief at Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Harvard Medical School. Dr. Loscalzo is one of the most respected cardio-pulmonary specialists in the world.