1. Why dental implants
2. A brief history of dental implants
3. Design of Implants
4. Patient factors
5. Patient consults
6. Treatment planning and Evaluating implant sites
7. Implant scenarios
8. Implant surgery: simple healed sites
9. Bone grafting
10. Guided surgery
11. Immediate implant placement: complicated immediate sites
12. Full arch cases
13. Screw-retention vs. Cement-retention of restorations
14. Restoring dental implants
15. Dental implant failures
16. Economics of dental implants
17. Maintaining dental implants
Appendix A: Restoring dental implants
Appendix B: Abutments
Appendix C: Bone graft materials
This clinically oriented book gives dental practitioners and students a hands-on guide to incorporating dental implants into their practices. Taking a clear and concise approach to the subject, the book offers basic information on all aspects of dental implants. Topics covered encompass the pros and cons of implants, patient factors, clinical considerations to success and failure, and implant restoration. Photographs, radiographs, and illustrations support the text, demonstrating the concepts discussed.
The ADA Practical Guide to Dental Implants starts with a brief history of the subject then examines the clinical and economic considerations for implants. Patient factors, including systemic, oral, and periodontal health, diet, age, gender, and more are discussed. The book also looks at the experience of the clinician, followed by clinical considerations such as case planning, implant design, surgical techniques, antibiotics, and more. The last chapters cover post-surgical follow-up and the many factors that lead to a successful outcome.
- Discusses all aspects of dental implantology in the practice setting
- Supports dental practitioners in incorporating dental implants into their practices
- Considers pros and cons, patient factors, clinical considerations, success and failure, and implant restoration
- Offers foundational information on dental implants in an easy-to-read format
- Includes photographs and drawings to depict the concepts discussed
The ADA Practical Guide to Dental Implants is a useful introduction and guide to dental implants for any practitioner interested in incorporating implants into clinical practice.
Luigi O. Massa, DDS, is the owner and practitioner of Premier Dental Centers, Art & Technology Dental Studio in Boerne, Texas, USA.
J. Anthony von Fraunhofer, MSc, PhD, FADM, FRSC, is Professor Emeritus at the University of Maryland in Baltimore, Maryland, USA.