Backyard Poultry Medicine and Surgery, Second Edition is a thorough revision and expansion of the first book to provide practical information for veterinarians treating individual or small flocks of poultry. With seven new chapters covering toxicology, euthanasia, gross pathology, behavior, game bird medicine, vaccinations, and drugs, and many existing chapters significantly expanded, the book offers a complete guide to all aspects of husbandry, medicine, and surgery for backyard poultry. Organized by organ system for ease of use, the book is designed to support veterinarians in diagnosing and treating backyard chickens, whether they see an occasional bird or regularly treat poultry.
More than 400 color photographs aid in breed identification and diagnosis, and the clinical focus enables veterinarians to confidently and knowledgably develop a diagnostic and treatment plan. Chapters are written by leading experts in avian medicine and surgery. Backyard Poultry Medicine and Surgery is a must-have reference for any veterinarian called on to care for backyard flocks, whether they see an occasional chicken or treat poultry regularly.
- Offers a comprehensive guide to diagnosing and treating backyard poultry
- Presents practical information on husbandry, medicine, and surgery
- Written from an individual medicine perspective to aid practitioners in developing a diagnostic and treatment plan for the individual or small flock of poultry
- Expands significantly on the first edition, with many expanded chapters and seven brand-new chapters
- Includes new chapters covering toxicology, euthanasia, gross pathology, behavior, game bird medicine, vaccinations, and drugs
- Provides more color photographs to aid in breed and disease identification