Part I. Injuries:
1. Head injury Demetrios Demetriades and Elizabeth R Benjamin
2. Facial injury David Beversluis, Tamara Chambers and Edward J. Newton
3. Neck injury Demetrios Demetriades and Lydia Lam
4. Thoracic injury Demetrios Demetriades and Peep Talving
5. Abdominal trauma Demetrios Demetriades and Kenji Inaba
6. Musculoskeletal injury Carl R. Chudnofsky and Edward J. Newton
7. Spinal injuries Mark J. Spoonamore and Demetrios Demetriades
8. Burn injuries Alexandra Lacey, Andrew Tang, Demetrios Demetriades and Warren Garner
9. Soft tissue injuries Demetrios Demetriades, Elizabeth Benjamin and Marko Bukur
10. Extremity compartment syndrome Elizabeth R. Benjamin and Demetrios Demetriades
11. Disaster medicine Joel Lombardi, Tiffany M. Abramson and Edward Newton
12. Trauma in pregnancy Alessandra Conforto and Elizabeth R. Benjamin
13. Pediatric trauma Priti Rawani-Patel and Demetrios Demetriades
14. Geriatric trauma Elizabeth R. Benjamin and Matthew Wiepking
15. Disaster medicine Joel Lombardi, Tiffany M. Abramson and Edward Newton
Part II. Procedures:
16. Central venous access Meghan Lewis and Andrea Austin
17. Intraosseous access techniques Angelica Loza-Gomez and Aaron Strumwasser
18. Cricothyroidotomy Morgan Schellenberg and Demetrios Demetriades
19. Thoracostomy tube insertion Demetrios Demetriades and Elizabeth R Benjamin
20. Emergency room resuscitative thoracotomy Demetrios Demetriades and Elizabeth R. Benjamin
21. Resuscitative endovascular occlusion of the aorta REBOA Elizabeth Benjamin and Kazuhide Matsushima
22. Diagnostic peritoneal aspiration Demetrios Demetriades and Damon Clark
23. Tourniquet application for extremity bleeding control Joelle Getrajdman and Kenji Inaba
24. Splinting Carl R. Chudnofsky
25. Ultrasound in trauma Thomas Mailhot and Kazuhide Matsushima.
The third edition of the Color Atlas of Emergency Trauma brings the reader to the bedside of patients with traumatic injuries, at one of the largest and busiest trauma centers in North America. It includes over 1200 images, designed as a comprehensive visual and reference guide to emergency trauma care. Organized by major body regions, this atlas explores the full spectrum of common and uncommon traumatic injuries, including those caused by firearms, stab wounds, blunt trauma, crush injury, and burns. It also covers special patient groups, such as pregnant, pediatric and geriatric populations. Each chapter is augmented with patient images at presentation, radiographic, intraoperative and autopsy images, and color illustrations and photographs showing key anatomy from the cadaver laboratory. With common pitfalls discussed and invaluable tips from a multidisciplinary group of experienced trauma care providers, this book is a useful and practical resource for all those involved in trauma care.
- In this new edition, more than 300 new images have been added and every chapter has been revised and updated, giving readers an up-to-date view of emergency trauma
- New chapters on pediatric trauma, geriatric trauma, trauma in pregnancy and procedure techniques ensure readers gain the comprehensive knowledge and practical skills for performing life-saving procedures in all trauma victims
- Draws on the personal experience of a multidisciplinary group of experienced trauma care providers, providing invaluable recommendations and advice
Demetrios Demetriades, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Demetrios Demetriades is Professor of Surgery at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California and Director of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care at LAC+USC Medical Center, Los Angeles, California.
Carl R. Chudnofsky, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Carl R. Chudnofsky is Chair and Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.
Elizabeth R. Benjamin, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
Elizabeth R. Benjamin is Associate Professor of Surgery in the Division of Trauma, Acute Care Surgery and Surgical Critical Care at Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California, Los Angeles.