All of the titles in the Stahl's Illustrated series are designed to be fun. Concepts are illustrated by full-color images that will be familiar to readers of Stahl's Essential Psychopharmacology, 3rd edition, and The Prescriber's Guide. The visual learner will find that these books make psychopharmacology concepts easy to master, while the non-visual learner will enjoy a shortened text version of complex psychopharmacology concepts. Each chapter builds on previous ones, synthesizing information from basic biology and diagnostics to building treatment plans and dealing with complications and comorbidities. Novices may want to begin by looking through all the graphics and gaining a feel for the visual vocabulary. Readers more familiar with these topics should find that going back and forth between images and text provides an interaction with which to vividly conceptualize complex pharmacologies. Each book ends with a Suggested Reading section to help guide more in-depth learning about particular concepts.
• Supplemented with complementary tables and algorithms that provide
clinical strategies, as well as educational objectives and questions for the
• Pocket-sized to ensure portability and aid use
• Complex concepts are explained simply through concise need-to-know text and high quality, color illustrations
Table of Contents
1. Substance use and addiction: an overview
2. The neurobiology of reward and drug addiction
8. Other drugs of abuse
9. Psychosocial treatment for substance use disorders
10. Disorders of impulsivity and compulsivity
CME: posttest and certificate.