This innovative book is one of the first resources to describe in detail the technique of digital time-lapse microscopy, a state-of-the-art analytical tool which is revolutionizing the field of assisted reproduction. Over 180 high-quality video sequences, accessible online via the password included in the book, provide a practical and highly visual guide to this new technology and the wealth of detail it can reveal about human embryo development. Written by a team of experts from across numerous clinical and scientific subspecialties, this book is a comprehensive guide to all aspects of the technique. It covers both the general principles of time-lapse microscopy and the specifics of working with various devices, with chapters on EmbryoScopeTM, Primo VisionTM and EevaTM as well as set-up and troubleshooting. Full electronic access to all text, images and supplementary videos makes this the ideal everyday reference for embryologists, clinicians and others working in IVF laboratories.
- One of the first books to cover this topic ? fills a gap in the market
- Online format allows access to a wealth of high-quality visual material, both videos and still images
- Complements traditional embryology textbooks by giving the reader a fresh perspective
1. Introduction: IVF concepts, embryo development and embryo selection Thomas
2. Description of time-lapse systems: EmbryoScopeTM Markus Montag, Tine Q. Kajhøj and Inge E. Agerholm
3. Description of time-lapse systems: Primo VisionTM Csaba Pribenszky
4. Description of time-lapse systems: the EevaTM test Lei Tan, Shehua Shen and Alice A. Chen
5. Morphological cytoplasmic oocyte alterations: embryo kinetics of dysmorphic oocytes Belén Aparicio-Ruiz and Maria Jose de los Santos
6. Evaluating embryo development stages using time-lapse microscopy Thomas Freour
7. Embryo quality (classification and selection) Alberto Tejera, Natalia Basile, Mauro Caiazzo and Marcos Meseguer
8. Time-lapse implementation in a clinical setting: management of laboratory quality Dean E. Morbeck
9. Time-lapse implementation in a clinical setting: outcome results Nikica Zaninovic, Qiansheng Zhan and Zev Rosenwaks
10. Unusual phenomena in embryonic development Giovanni Coticchio, Mariabeatrice Dal Canto, Mario Mignini Renzini and Rubens Fadini
Marcos Meseguer is Scientific Supervisor and Senior Embryologist at IVI Valencia, and Assistant Professor in Biotechnology at Valencia University, Valencia, Spain.