The cytologic evaluation of exfoliative and fine needle aspiration material is one of the most widely used diagnostic modalities worldwide. Now thoroughly updated with new guidelines and references, and featuring more than 1000 high-quality color photomicrographs, Differential Diagnosis in Cytopathology remains the essential organ-based reference guide for practising and trainee pathologists and cytotechnologists. This new edition addresses a comprehensive variety of benign and malignant neoplastic conditions, utilizing a consistent structure with bullet-point text for quick access and assimilation. The full spectrum of infectious and inflammatory disorders are also presented in detail. The information is not limited to light microscopic findings but includes many other genetic, molecular, and immunologic diagnostic modalities, giving readers the diagnostic and clinical criteria needed when formulating a diagnosis and differential diagnosis. No other book focuses exclusively on essential diagnostic criteria, making this an essential text for pathologists, cytopathologists and cytotechnologists at all stages of their careers.
· Over 1000 high-quality, color illustrations supplement the text, giving
visual examples of the cytological features described
· Strong emphasis on differential diagnoses helps readers to quickly and accurately diagnose the different conditions they may encounter
· The text is presented in a concise, consistently structured format, allowing readers to quickly find the content they need
1. The pap smear Lourdes R. Ylagan
2. Exfoliative pulmonary cytology Claire W. Michael
3. Body cavity fluids Mohammad M. Yousef and Claire W. Michael
4. Gastrointestinal tract cytology Reda S. Saad, Telma C. Pereira and Jan F. Silverman
5. Urine cytology Güliz A. Barkan, Umesh Kapur and Eva M. Wojcik
6. Cerebrospinal fluid and intraocular cytology Rosa M. Dávila
7. Cytopathology of the central nervous system Walid E. Khalbuss, Anil V. Parwani and Syed Z. Ali
8. Fine needle aspiration of the thyroid gland Richard L. Cantley, Ritu Nayar and Ajit Paintal
9. Parathyroid gland, head and neck cytopathology Aylin Simsir and Joan Cangiarella
10. Cytopathology of the salivary glands Pascale Levine and Joan Cangiarella
11. Cytopathology of the breast Shahla Masood and Marilin Rosa
12. Fine needle aspiration of lymph nodes Marilin Rosa and Shahla Masood
13. FNA of lung, pleura, and mediastinum Jing Zhai
14. Fine needle aspiration of the liver Amy A. Lo, Julianna M. Ubago, Ritu Nayar and Xiaoqi Lin
15. Fine needle aspiration of the pancreas Natasha Berg, Ajit Paitnal and Ritu Nayar
16. Fine needle aspiration of soft tissue and bone Lester J. Layfield
17. Fine needle aspiration of the kidney and adrenal gland Blythe K. Gorman, Luan D. Truong and Rose Anton
18. Cytology of the gonads Güliz A. Barkan and Eva M. Wojcik
19. Fine needle aspiration cytology of tumors of unknown origin Tarik M. Elsheikh
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Paolo Gattuso, Rush University, Chicago
Dr Paolo Gattuso is the Otho S. A. Professor and Director of Anatomic Pathology at Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA.
Vijaya B. Reddy, Rush University, Chicago
Dr Vijaya B. Reddy is Professor and Associate Chair of the Department of Pathology at Rush Medical College, Chicago, IL, USA.
Shahla Masood, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville
Dr Shahla Masood is Professor and Chair of the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL, USA.
Lourdes R. Ylagan, Claire W. Michael, Mohammad M. Yousef, Reda S. Saad, Telma C. Pereira, Jan F. Silverman, Güliz A. Barkan, Umesh Kapur, Eva M. Wojcik, Rosa M. Dávila, Walid E. Khalbuss, Anil V. Parwani, Syed Z. Ali, Richard L. Cantley, Ritu Nayar, Ajit Paintal, Aylin Simsir, Joan Cangiarella, Pascale Levine, Shahla Masood, Marilin Rosa, Jing Zhai, Amy A. Lo, Julianna M. Ubago, Xiaoqi Lin, Natasha Berg, Lester J. Layfield, Blythe K. Gorman, Luan D. Truong, Rose Anton, Tarik M. Elsheikh