This comprehensive atlas presents over 400 gross neuropathology images from post-mortem tissues, collected at autopsy over a period of 30 years. Covering neoplastic and non-neoplastic pathology of both adult and paediatric brain, spinal cord and spine disease, it offers unparalleled access to the entire central nervous system. Practical introductions and succinct descriptions accompany superb quality colour images, enabling rapid learning from the authors' wealth of real-life experience. At a time when gross images of brain and spine diseases are increasingly difficult to access, this is an essential guide to the diagnosis of neurologic diseases by post-mortem examination. A must-have practical resource for pathologists, neuropathologists, radiologists, neurologists and neurosurgeons, both in training and in practice.
· Covers both adult and childhood diseases, allowing a breadth of understanding
across age ranges
· Includes over 400 gross neuropathology images collected at autopsy over 30 years, enabling rapid learning from a lifetime of real experience
· Succinct, practical text written by leading international authors provides authoritative diagnostic guidance
1. Pathological reaction to disease
2. Developmental and perinatal disorders
3. Vascular disease
6. White matter disease
7. Metabolic disorders
9. Neurodegenerative disease
11. Spine and spinal cord
12. Cysts and miscellaneous lesions
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Kathreena M. Kurian, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol
Kathreena M. Kurian is a Senior Clinical Lecturer and Consultant Neuropathologist at the Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK.
Tim H. Moss, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol
Tim H. Moss is a Consultant Neuropathologist at the Institute of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Bristol, Frenchay Hospital, Bristol, UK.
Sandra Camelo-Piragua, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Sandra Camelo-Piragua is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Neuropathology Division at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI, USA.