Fully updated and expanded, and now in full color with intuitive icons throughout, larger format, packed with its unique comparison charts, and with patient / caregiver handouts as printable PDFs the widely acclaimed reference to psychotropic medications in children and adolescents is now more user-friendly than ever!
Many psychotropic drugs are used to treat childhood and adolescent mental illness on the basis of efficacy in adults, despite not being currently approved for use in the young. The lack of approval does not necessarily reflect lack of safety or efficacy, but it does reflect a lack of controlled studies. The Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs for Children and Adolescents is a unique resource to help you make the right choice for younger patients:
- Independent, unbiased
- Unique comparison charts (dosages, side effects, pharmacokinetics, interactions...) that allow you to see at a glance which medication is the most suitable for each patient
- Instantly recognizable icons and full color throughout
- Compiles the latest information from the published literature (scientific data, controlled clinical trials, case reports) and clinical experience in one easy-to-use reference
- Includes monograph statements on use in children and adolescents and approved indications, as well as available data concerning off-label indications, findings from open and double-blind studies concerning doses, adverse effects, and other considerations
- Succinct, bulleted information on all classes of medication: classification, available products (including US and Canadian trade names), on- and off-label indications (US FDA and Health Canada); pharmacology, dosing, pharmacokinetics; adverse effects, precautions, contraindications, toxicity; lab tests, precautions, nursing implications; drug interactions; patient and caregiver instructions... All you need to know for each class of drug!!