The purpose of this practical manual is to describe and illustrate each step of the basic surgical procedures involved in the placement of implants in qualified patients. To that end, each procedure is briefly but lucidly described; carefully illustrated in a series of drawings of the techniques and instrumentation used; and reinforced through clinical photographs, including radiographic and postoperative follow-up views. In addition to the basic implant surgical principles, evidence-based indications and procedures for guided bone regeneration in apical fenestration and crestal dehiscence defects, and for simultaneous sinus floor elevation via the lateral window and osteotome techniques are featured.
• Basic Surgical Principles
• Indications for Each Implant Type
• Surgical Procedures in Standard Nonesthetic Sites
• Surgical Procedures in Standard Esthetic Sites
• Implant Placement with Simultaneous Guided Bone Regeneration
• Implant Placement with Simultaneous Sinus Floor Elevation