ABOUT THIS BOOK
- Summary of evidence based coloproctology practice
- Written by a wide range of practicing specialists
- Concentration on areas of controversy and debate that are relevant to practice
- Up-to-date evidence
- Follows the successful philosophy of the M62 course
Contemporary Coloproctology covers colorectal surgery, as practiced today, in an easily accessible format with emphasis on bringing key facts rapidly into focus. It is ideal reading both for the medical trainee and the practicing colorectal surgeon.
As well as a succinct presentation of the current colorectal knowledge base, each chapter contains practical advice and pearls of wisdom from established practicing clinicians. A unique feature of the format is the identification of key references and questions and scenarios that present real life decisions in colorectal surgery.
Edited and authored by outstanding surgeons in their fields, this book brings the reader expertise in surgery and management across the various conditions encountered in coloproctology.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Coloproctology - Colorectal Surgery
Related subjects » Medicine - Surgery
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: Colorectal Surgery -
- The Specialty.
- Anal Fissure and its Management.
- Anorectal Fistula.
- The Management of Pilonidal Sinus Disease.
- Hidradenitis suppurativa.
- Pruritus Ani.
- Anorectal Sexually Transmitted Infections.
- Colorectal Cancer Screening And Surveillance.
- Imaging In Colorectal Cancer.
- Early Colorectal Cancer Management.
- Colon Cancer –Advantages of the Laparoscopic Approach and the Principles of Enhanced Recovery.
- Evidence Based Management of Rectal Cancer.
- Chemotherapy and Biomarkers -
- Biomarkers in Colorectal Cancer: Present And Future.
- Colorectal Liver Metastases.
- Anal Cancer.
- Medical Management of Ulcerative Colitis.
- Surgical Options in Ulcerative Colitis.
- Surgery for fulminant colitis. Failing Pouch.
- Surgery for Small Bowel Crohn’s Disease.
- Perianal Crohn’s Disease.
- Surgical Nutrition. Diverticular Disease.
- Assessment and Investigation of Faecal Incontinence and Constipation..
- Interventions for faecal incontinence.
- The Management of Constipation.
- Solitary Rectal Ulcer Syndrome and Pelvic Pain.
- Rectal prolapse.
- Acute colonic pseudo-obstruction.
- Colonic Volvulus.
- Rectovaginal Endometriosis.
- Intensive Care: The Basics.
- Critical Care Scoring Systems.
- Surgical Fluid Management.
- Colonic Bleeding.
- Faecal Peritonitis.
- Large bowel obstruction.
- Miscellaneous (non-IBD) Colitides.
- Colon and Rectal Trauma.
- Postoperative Complications.