This much needed and timely book will provide students with an introduction to general concepts of polymer science and some insights into speciality polymers.
Polymers are becoming increasingly present in the domain of health yet introduction to polymers is not frequently taught. Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Polymers is the only book available for introducing polymers to graduate or post-graduate students who use them in the biomedical and pharmaceutical fields.
In four sections the book covers:
- why study polymers for the health sciences?
- general characteristics of polymers
- main methods and processes to synthesize polymers
- special properties of polymers
The final section of the book also contains case studies and detailed examples of biomedical and pharmaceutical applications. Biomedical and Pharmaceutical Polymers is a user-friendly textbook which will be an essential reference for postgraduate pharmaceutical science students, pharmaceutical scientists worldwide and pharmacy undergraduate students with an interest in polymers.
1. Introduction: Why Study Polymers for the Health Sciences
2. General Characteristics of Polymers
3. Main methods and processes to synthesise polymers
4. Special Properties of Polymers, case studies and detailed examples of applications