It reflects significant advances and includes extensive new material on:
• interplay between transporters and enzymes in drug metabolism and drug
• the role of pharmacogenetics in metabolism-based drug-drug interactions
• in vivo – in vitro correlations (reversible, mechanism-based inhibition, induction)
• in silico approaches enabling structure-activity and structure-function studies
• high-throughput screening and GLP methods for evaluating drug interactions in vitro
• using transgenic animal models to evaluate drug interactions
With case examples and computer-aided modeling, Drug-Drug Interactions is filled with over 200 invaluable tables, equations, and figures to clarify key concepts, and incorporates critical new updated information.