Covering the pathophysiology, imaging, diagnosis, and treatment of aortic aneurysms and dissections, this source helps physicians effectively examine and evaluate affected individuals in clinical or emergency care settings.
With an array of illustrations, x-rays, and operative photographs, this guide examines recent biologic, radiologic, clinical, and surgical developments. This guide also offers reader-friendly bulleted lists, a Powerpoint™ format, discussion commentaries, end-of-chapter questions, and a point–counterpoint format to analyze differing perspectives.
• identification and recognition of acute aortic conditions
• genetics of aortic diseases
• emotion and exercise in the incidence of aortic dissection
• imaging of aortic aneurysms and dissections, the mechanisms by which the aorta hurts patients, and modern treatment regimens
• lawsuits relating to aortic disease and expert recommendations for their prevention