With a focus on the multidisciplinary cardiovascular team, this cardiac care resource provides a wealth of evidence-based information and guidance for advanced practice nurses in the clinical setting. It encompasses clinical findings, diagnostic testing, state-of-the-art procedures, and therapeutics management options common in both inpatient and outpatient clinical cardiology. The book is specifically designed to meet the informational needs of advanced practice nursing students and clinicians including family nurse practitioners, adult-gerontology nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists, and nurse practitioners in fellowship programs.
The resource describes the cardiovascular team, comprehensive cardiovascular history and clinical examination, clinical findings, laboratory evaluations, diagnostic testing, electrophysiology, and therapeutic interventions including cardiac pharmacotherapeutics and lifestyle practices. It supports the development of clinical judgment skills and therapeutic decision-making by considering the challenges of presenting symptoms and the complexity of the evaluation through advances in technology and diagnostic procedures. It also addresses specific considerations in hypertension, dyslipidemia, valvular heart disease, coronary heart disease, heart failure, arrhythmias, the cardiovascular pre-operative evaluation, abdominal aortic aneurysms, peripheral vascular disease, and acute cardiovascular conditions. Plentiful tables support the content and enhance the clinical utility of the book.
- Details current practices and contemporary issues in cardiovascular care
- Applies evidenced based research findings to clinical practice
- Describes common screening methods, diagnostic evaluations and cardiac procedures
- Provide a wide range of therapeutic options and interventions
- Identifies resources for cardiovascular clinical practice
- Supports development of clinical judgment skills and therapeutic decision-making