This one-of-a-kind review manual, designed for the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner ANCC certification exam, distills a vast amount of information to present only the core knowledge needed for exam success. Replete with proven test-taking strategies, red flags and clinical pearls that highlight crucial information, the resource is presented in easily digestible sections to facilitate learning. It mirrors the ANCC test plan and offers helpful guidelines on question dissection and analysis. Additionally, it is the only resource of its kind to reflect changes and additions to DSM 5 categories. Over 500 practice questions with answers and rationales help students to assess their strengths and weaknesses.
The manual synthesizes and condenses information from a variety of relevant nursing courses to extract the most pertinent information needed for exam success. It discusses the foundations of advanced practice nursing, including the role of the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner, health assessment, and theoretical basis of care. The resource addresses psychiatric disorders as organized in the DSM 5, along with review sections, red flag warnings, clinical pearls, and exam tips. Also covered is comprehensive treatment including pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment plans. Additionally, the manual presents pertinent lifespan considerations.
- Presents information in easily digestible, quick review "bites" that reflect the ANCC test plan
- Provides important guidelines on question dissection and analysis
- Reflects changes and additions to DSM 5 categories
- Synthesizes information from many sources into succinct core knowledge
- Includes 500 practice questions with answers and rationales