Handbook of Veterinary Pharmacology is a clear and concise guide to pharmacology concepts and commonly used veterinary drugs. Providing a succinct overview of veterinary pharmacology, this book presents information in a user-friendly outline format to allow quick access to practical drug information. With chapters covering the basic principles, specific drugs, interactions, and legal considerations, Handbook of Veterinary Pharmacology offers up-to-date information on basic and clinical veterinary pharmacology.
As an aid to student comprehension, simple line drawings depict the mechanisms of action and study questions with explanations are included at the end of each chapter. Appendices on withdrawal times for drugs in production animals and drug dosages in domestic species are a valuable tool, allowing quick decisions on drug therapy. Handbook of Veterinary Pharmacology is an indispensable text for veterinary students and practitioners.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1: Principles of Drug Absorption, Disposition, and Action (Richard J. Martin and Walter H. Hsu).
- Chapter 2: Drugs Affecting Peripheral Nervous System (Walter H. Hsu).
- Chapter 3: Autacoids and Their Pharmacological Modulators (Anumantha G. Kanthasamy and Walter H. Hsu).
- Chapter 4: Drugs Acting on the Central Nervous System (Walter H. Hsu and Dean H. Riedesel).
- Chapter 5: Behavior Modifying Drugs (Arthi Kanthasamy).
- Chapter 6: Anesthetics (Dean H. Riedesel).
- Chapter 7: Nonsteroid Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs) (Walter H. Hsu and Arthi Kanthasamy).
- Chapter 8: Drugs Acting on the Cardiovascular System (Wendy A. Ware).
- Chapter 9: Diuretics (Franklin A. Ahrens).
- Chapter 10: Respiratory Pharmacology (Dean H. Riedesel).
- Chapter 11: Drugs Acting on the Digestive System (Albert E. Jergens and Franklin A. Ahrens).
- Chapter 12: Endocrine Pharmacology (Walter H. Hsu).
- Chapter 13: Topical Dermatology Therapy (James O. Noxon).
- Chapter 14: Ocular Pharmacology (Daniel M. Betts).
- Chapter 15: Antimicrobial Drugs (Franklin A. Ahrens and Richard J. Martin).
- Chapter 16: Antiparasitic Agents (Walter H. Hsu and Richard J. Martin).
- Chapter 17: Antineoplastic Drugs (Dr. Leslie E. Fox).
- Chapter 18: Fluid and Blood Therapy (Walter H. Hsu).
- Chapter 19: Drug Interactions and Adverse Drug Reactions (Walter H. Hsu and Franklin A. Ahrens).
- Chapter 20: Legal Aspects of Medication Usage in Veterinary Medicine (Stephen